Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring with a Twist, by Yvonne White

Spring brings beautiful weather in which flowers are growing, birds are singing and children are playing. I looked around and told myself this was going to be the best spring ever. All of a sudden, clouds became dark and there was a heavy thunder and lighting.

People started running for their lives, houses were being burned to the ground, and the Earth shook. I stood there wondering what was going on. Then the Angel of Death came and said he was going to take people away from Earth. He said the good people would go to Heaven while the bad people would go to eternal flame. He told me I would bear witness to this and, when it was over, I would be sent to another world called Happy Land, where everyone would become happy and friendly.

The Angel of Death took the people away from Earth, and I was sent to Happy Land where everyone was happy and kind to everyone. I asked them why they were happy. They told me they treated everyone the same, no matter what race, religion or backgrounds they were born into instead of treating them as outcasts. Additionally, the people did not have to worry about threats, hatred, loneliness, death, or sickness. This could be because they prayed twenty-four hours a day and did God’s Will. The people called it paradise, while I called it Second Heaven.

1 comment: