Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Little Adaeze, by Yvonne White

Chike (Talented) and Little Adaeze (Daughter of a King) were best of friends. Adaeze was called Little Adaeze because of her height. Little Adaeze was seven years old and Chike was 13 years old.

On Christmas day, Chike was excited to get a toy gun for Christmas and showed it to Little Adaeze. Chike asked Little Adaeze what she got for Christmas, and she showed him a prayer book. Chike laughed and asked her what she need a prayer book for.

Little Adaeze replied, “to pray.”

Chike laughed at her. “I am glad I got a toy gun for Christmas. I can practice shooting all day. I will use it for protection,” he said. Then he looked at Little Adaeze and said, “All you got was a prayer book. Tell me: What would protect you from danger?”

Little Adaeze replied, “God.”

“What will happen if God does not protect you from danger?” asked Chike

 “I would leave everything for faith to decide,” said Little Adaeze. “I only worship God, not guns.
If you’ll excuse me, I am going to my room to pray for you,” said Little Adaeze. She went to her room to pray for her friend.

Chike went to his parents and told them for next Christmas, he wanted a prayer book instead of a toy gun. This was because he was amazed at Little Adaeze’s answers to his questions.

1 comment:

  1. Little Adaeze was more powerful than she knew! -- You always have a lesson to share in your short stories, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete