Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Me, by Sr. Mary Ann Smith, CSSF

I am an abstract painting that comprises colors and various hues. If you look at the center of the painting, you will notice mostly one color, but gradually you notice more color, more shapes and a variety of textures. Each color, hue, shape and texture is a reflection of the many people I have met of various ages, cultures, nationalities, faith, customs and music. Each one touched my life as I did theirs, left their imprint and has now become a part of that grand painting, “Me.”

 Everyone should find comfort and joy in viewing this wonderful work of art, as they should see the reflection of themselves as the light of the sun bounces off the many colors, textures, and shapes. They should see that we are all a reflection of one another, all wonderful, blessed and loved by the One who created us. 

 I am “Me” and you are “Me,” and together we are one.
 
[Artwork also by Sr. Mary Ann Smith]

1 comment:

  1. I love the metaphor of yourself as a painting, influenced by all of those around you. Very thought provoking!

    ReplyDelete